Our client is an engineering firm and based on Mombasa Road, Nairobi and is looking to hire an experienced personnel in the role of Lathe Machine Operator.
- Sets up and operates production machinery such as CNC saws, lathes, milling machines, drills, shapers, boring mills and grinders to fabricate and repair parts and products. Works with some guidance from supervision.
- Completes preventative maintenance, troubleshoots malfunctions, and performs minor repairs as needed. Communicates errors in product, equipment, and other issues that may arise in fulfilling orders.
- Reading and Interpreting blueprints, sketches, and parts lists. Studies and interprets assembly instructions, and verifies specifications. Conducts dimensional and visual part inspections to prints and specifications using standard quality assurance inspection equipment.
- Problem solving and Communication – Resolves assembly and production issues and communicates errors in the product line, equipment and or issues in fulfilling orders.
- Set up, adjust and operate various sizes of engine lathes to perform a wide variety of operations on a diversified line of close tolerance work.
- Select speeds and feeds, operational sequences, and tooling for turning operations.
- Calibrate machine during operations.
- Grind or prescribe grind for special and standard tooling.
- Lay out and check work.
- Work on short-run, specialized jobs or large and expensive projects involving critical tolerance and finish requirements.
- Work from drawings and specifications.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Safety and Continuous Improvement – Participates actively in Continuous Improvement activities and submits ideas to help drive improvement. Ensures the workplace and environment are clean and safe. Follows Company Safety policies and procedures and looks for ways to improve safety.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Lathe Machine Operator
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a busy engineering firm.
Qualified candidates are supposed to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 30th May 2019.
Clearly quote “LATHE MACHINE OPERATOR” on the email subject line.