Our client, a reputable law firm seeks to recruit for the position of an Accountant.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: KShs 25,000
- Data entry and bookkeeping.
- Weekly petty cash and payments report.
- Filing and producing monthly financial reports.
- Monthly Expenditure and income Report and performance report for advocates.
- Annual Profit & Loss report.
- Monthly Receivables/Pending Fee Notes report
- Recommend on cost control and ways to maximize profit.
- Filing monthly VAT returns on time.
- Filing income returns by April every year in consultation with the CEO or Head of Finance & Operations.
- Assist in preparation of end of year financial statements and budget forecasts in consultation with the CEO or the Head of Finance & Operations.
- Assist in preparation, review and keep updated the Firm’s accounting Manual;
- Following up unpaid invoices from clients;
- Paying approved invoices from suppliers and requisitions for petty cash;
- Check and recommend for approval by the CEO or Head of Finance & Operations all requisitions made by staff and or administrator for payment.
- Making necessary approved payments on behalf of the Firm.
- Banking Cheques, cash etc;
- Preparation of Bank Forms required for funds transfers;
- Maintain updated cash book;
- Ensure that all files have corresponding receipts and expenditure requisitions;
- Reporting to the Management on international accounting standards;
- Receiving Cash and cheque Payments;
- Writing Cheques for signature by Firm signatories;
- In consultation with the Head of Finance & Operations and the CEO, develop vendor manuals.
- To select and recommend vendors /suppliers to supply the Firm with appropriate services eg. Carpenter, Auditor, Water Supply, Stationery supply, printing services negotiate competitive prices.
- Develop vendor assessment tools in consultation with CEO or Head of Finance & Operations.
- Act as a Firm’s agent to bank accounts (where nominated) and opens new accounts and maintain them as required.
- Ensure the firm develops and maintains a saving and investment culture and come up with recommendations on how to consistently do so and research on options available.
- Operating Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Accounting Software
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cvs to email@example.com by 18th May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted