Job Title: Quality Assurance Controller – Manufacturing
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions.
They seek to hire an experienced Quality Assurance Controller who will be charged with ensuring that the prescribed quality standards are maintained in production as per the quality system documentation by enforcing prescribed quality systems; validating processes and providing documentation.
Inspect and test products on the production line to detect defects and ensure continual production of high quality goods that meet customer requirements and technical specifications.
- In liaison with production officers, ensures that production matches set criteria for quality as stipulated in the quality system documentation.
- Write nonconformities for product defects and submit them to the Production Supervisor to ensure speedy communication and immediate corrective action of the root cause.
- Ensures that environment, health and safety practices are upheld in the factory through constant supervision of the housekeeping practices.
- Carry out on line product quality inspections and tests and record results at set time intervals to provide clear criteria for the segregation of conforming products and nonconforming products.
- Tests of new master batches and materials for conformance or production purposes and communicates of the observations to the quality manager
- In liaison with other departments, assists in on-the-job training for all new and continuing employees on the operation of the quality system.
- Carryout final product quality inspection prior to the transfer of goods to Finished Goods Store to ensure that only products which meet customer requirements are stored in the FG Store.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and make recommendations that contribute to the ongoing enhancement in process quality and control.
- Collects and stores data (in ERP form) on measured parameters from production.
- Supervise and monitor the material mixing process so as to ensure compliance with the approved material composition (recipe).
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- ISO Certification
- 5 years quality experience in a busy manufacturing environment preferably in the plastics industry.
- Conversant with ISO requirements & customer audit standards
- Effective Quality Control Analysis skills
- Knowledge of systems & customer standards of Injection Molding field
- Computer literacy
- Ability to make quick decisions and influence others
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Data and information analytical skills,
- Statistical Process Control
- Ownership and Continuous Improvement
- Attention to details, time management.
- Information seeking
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Quality Assurance Controller – Manufacturing) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th June 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted