Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Assistant – Turkana County
The MEAL Assistant will be responsible to support MEAL Officer to ensure that data are gathered from various sources in the field and entered centrally to support the advancement of the ongoing organisation MEAL strategy.
The position will work closely with the Programmes Field Department under the guidance of the MEAL Officer.
This post will involve a combination of field and office-based work and will support cross core MEAL work as also includes supporting the achievement of the organisational MEAL strategy.
The role also includes supporting wider areas of work within the MEAL department, such as organisation pilots, programme expansion and projects which require additional monitoring.
The principal duties will include, but will not be confined to the following:
- Support MEAL Officer in the development and implementation of efficient monitoring and evaluation systems, tools and processes that will effectively represent MMK programmes as well as strengthening the existing systems.
- Supervise the collection of quality data, including training relevant staff members to use various monitoring tools and cooperating with School Feeding Managers to ensure timely submission of accurate data.
- Work in collaboration with MEAL Officer in collation, analysis and reporting of data for the programmes team and MMI in a timely fashion.
- Support MEAL Officer in designing and implementing programme impact and accountability assessments, thinking innovatively to gather results that best reflect MMK programmes and contribute to organisational learning, within the constraints of staff capacity.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that data is of good quality and accessible.
- Participate in the development of country-level accountability strategies, including stakeholder participation, transparency, school-specific reporting and ensuring MMK values, standards and policies are adhered to throughout our programmes.
- Undertake regular field visits to support M&E processes and implement accountability processes.
- Play a key role in identifying key lessons learned and defining the MMK Strategic Plan.
- Support MEAL Officer in delivering effective and evidence-based decision making by producing purposeful reports to senior programme management team in MMK and MMI, as required.
- A Diploma in information technology, economics, statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, community health or any other social or health sciences.
- Above-average knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Good command of English, Kiswahili and fluency in one or more local languages.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with good strategic and analytical thinking.
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Technical knowledge and experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Attention to detail and patience to double check data entry is essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to validate, analyse and disseminate qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience of designing and managing knowledge management systems, an awareness of learning methodologies and experience of leading learning events.
- Experience working in NGO environment
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools, processes and software
- Should have report writing skills and significant change story documentation
- Should have good team work and networking skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and exceptional integrity.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-functioning skills.
- Experience working in a school environment with school-based structures.
- Experience of working with Government structures, NGOs and community-based groups.
- Experience of training and coaching others.
- Experience of working in a charity or not for profit organisation
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis and use of statistical software
- Knowledge of school feeding, stock delivery and management and other pertinent school feeding processes
Applications stating expected net salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 31st May 2019 at 16:30 hours.
The interviews will be conducted at Mary’s Meals office in Lodwar on the week starting on the 11th June 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.