Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Maternal and Child Health Services Nurse (MCH)
Role Overview: The job holder will be responsible for providing holistic and responsive Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Services. He/she will be responsible for Providing a comprehensive Maternal and Child Health Service in the hospital to address and meet the needs of children under 6 years and their families.
- Ensure comprehensive MCH services including newborn screening, vaccination, integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, Ante-Natal Care and delivery,
- Providing help and guidance to pregnant women and seeing them through Labor, delivery, recovery, operational, postpartum and management of high-risk pregnancies.
- Providing health education and counseling to patients/clients on identified health needs.
- Promoting patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Promoting, identifying, and teaching social, behavioral, and healthy habits to patients to promote good health to the child/mother.
- Keep patients informed about family planning and sexual reproductive medical services, work to make pregnant women healthier, and increase the health and vaccination rates of young children.
- Promote and monitor the health and growth and the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in the 0-5 years age group
- Monitor maternal health and well being through consultations and to provide advice, information, support and referral as appropriate.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing or Kenya Registered Midwifery;
- Registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Computer literate.
- must be very passionate about working with children and have keen interest in children health matters
- Empathetic person able to walk with the patients while providing professional services
- Keen listener with ability to extract and use information pertaining to relevant support services for families Skills in assessment, case management and referral Knowledge of current issues affecting the Maternal and Child Health Service.
- Familiarity with M&CH Practice Guidelines and the M&CH Program Standards.
- High levels of confidentiality
- Must have good leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Computer proficiency
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.