Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Role description: The position holder will be responsible for the effective management and care of patients with the aim of ensuring optimal delivery of quality patient care including daily hospital assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the hospital to ensure that patients feel they have been dealt with in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. They will also be responsible for providing overall leadership and administrative support in the hospital.
Provide Primary Care Services as follows:
- Urgent medical and nursing services (including resuscitation, stabilization and assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral as may be necessary);
- Assess the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, including but not limited to prescribing, minor surgery and other general practice procedures, counseling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referral for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services as required
Provide timely hospitalal and culturally appropriate health services through –
- Ongoing health and development assessment and advice.
- Appropriate evidence based screening, risk assessment and early detection of illness, disease and disability.
- Interventions to assist people to reduce or change risky and harmful lifestyle behavior.
- Family planning services, provision of contraceptive advice and sexual health services.
- Ensure Immunization programmes are available to the practice population.
- Ongoing care and support for people with chronic and terminal conditions to reduce deterioration, increase independence and reduce suffering linking, where relevant, with appropriate service providers.
Improve patient health through health education, counseling and information provision about how to improve health and prevent disease and interventions or treatments that treat risk factors.
Organize with the medical team weekly work and day off schedule
General patient management including:
- Identify and coordinate referral of patients for further management.
- Ensure proper documentation of patient notes.
- Improve patient records in line with the reporting system.
- Admit patients to the wards when necessary.
- Carry out surgical procedures at the hospital
- Attend to emergencies in the ward
- Develop hospital protocols and procedures in line with the current SOPs.
- Training of staff on job and theory sessions
- Provide health talks to staff and patients
- Advise the management and board on hospital requirements
- Represent the hospital and liaise with county and national governments, to promote the hospitals programs
- Pro-actively source for medical supplies in collaboration with hospital Director.
- Overall supervision of the running of the laboratory, pharmacy, medical stores, X-ray, Dental, Eye, Physiotherapy, and medical records Units
- Ensure students and interns on attachment are appropriately placed within medical departments and appropriately supervised.
- Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff.
- Conducting internal quality checks at the hospital
Carry out other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB or MBBS) from an accredited University
- Registered and licensed with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board(KMPDB)
- At least two years post internship experience in an accredited medical facility
- ATLS and ACLS certification will be an added advantage
- An analytical and fast learner;
- A results oriented person who is persistent and decisive;
- Flexible person able to work under pressure and multitask.
- Pleasant personality and customer centric person.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.