Our client, a leading Microfinance Bank with presence in several counties in Kenya is seeking for:
Position: Business Development Officer
Job Purpose: To sell the bank’s products and credit facilities to prospective SME’s.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Mobilize deposits from SMEs to match and exceed the loan book.
- Loan assessment, appraisals and approvals
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate loans.
- Recruit and retain SME’s to ensure growth in loan disbursement through excellent customer service and timely service delivery.
- Ensure thorough business assessment, proper securitization and compliance to audit standards and company policy.
- Disseminate accurate information to prospective clients and ensure their understanding of operations policy as well as training them on company products.
- Pitching and presenting to potential SME clients
- Review and update credit/loan files
- Sales activations and customer sensitization(quarterly) in partnership with partners to increase uptake e.g. breakfasts, cocktails etc. (customer sensitization)
- Research and market analysis to identify potential new sales leads.
- Network within SME’s to find and attract new business.
Key qualifications and requirements
- Should be a holder of a business related University Degree
- At least 4 years’ experience in lending either in SME or Group preferably in a financial institution is a must
- Practical knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management and computer literacy.
- Self-driven individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Person of integrity and honesty
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships in a multi-functional environment.
How to Apply:
Suitable candidates to send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 6th May, 2019.
Kindly indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for e.g. ‘Application for Business Development Officer’
Career Management Centre is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.