Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Work Location: Dagahaley
Start date: June 2019
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (based on a 03 month probationary period)
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Project Pharmacy Manager
Main Purpose: Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure efficiency.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of pharmacy staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- Ensure rational prescription in the project through continuous monitoring of prescription of prescription habits,participation in rational prescription audits and generation of feedback mechanism to end users for implementation
- Direct supervision of health post and general OPD pharmacy staff in the project with the support of the pharmacy management team.
- Promote and maintain accountability in the delivery of all pharmaceutical commodities at the pharmacy through maintenance of a an effective delivery of commodity to end users
- Take part in the inventory processes and generate the bimonthly order in support of the pharmacy management team.
- In the Absence of the pharmacy manager/supervisor,take a leadership role in the day to day management of the pharmacy.
- Essential, degree of pharmacy management
- At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 7th June 2019 to http://uhired.me/job/324
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)