Our client is a global leader in production of chemicals, commodity, high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals with operations in more than 50 countries.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Finance and HR Administrator, the Accountant is responsible for effectively managing financial transactions and budgetary parameters as required by the company.
- Working closely with the Finance and HR Administrator in order to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Making statutory deductions e.g. Withholding tax, Corporate tax and V.A.T
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
- Assisting in the production of financial statements and applications, and preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Processing and recording routine accounting transactions
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Preparing vouchers, invoices, and cheques.
- Responding to suppliers and customers payment queries
- Preparing various financial reports as required by the company
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a recognised institution of higher learning.
- Minimum CPA holder part 1 and 2
- Minimum of 4 years Accounting experience in a busy environment
- Proficiency in Computerized Accounting in SAP and ERP
- Experience in Quickbooks or Sage-Pastel accounting systems will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees by Wednesday 22nd May 2019 clearly stating the subject heading “ACCOUNTANT”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.