The Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Team Leader – Digital Marketing Sales.
Job Ref: HR-TLDMS-05-2019
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Be accountable for creating and managing a robust and balanced pipeline of new client business with suitable urgency and rigor around the prospecting process across East African market;
- Establish deep relationships with key decision makers and influencers across all prospect organizations;
- Identify key sales cycles for major contracts/opportunities from (requests for Proposals) RFPs to deal closure. Own the RFP/Pitch process;
- Maximize department revenue and meet or exceed individual and team targets;
- Expand capacity through coaching, training, development and assisting in career development at the individual and team level;
- Drive a data driven pricing strategy;
- Develop and monitor performance plans to include developing action plans based on daily, weekly and monthly analysis of all performance metrics;
- Assist with hiring and workforce planning;
- Work to build a team environment with strong morale, positive energy, consultative and goal- Oriented culture.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
- Basic university degree;
- 5+ years proven consultative digital sales and business development experience with proven track record of repeatedly achieving targets;
- Prior experience in leading business development teams at digital advertising agencies required;
- Knowledge of traditional and digital media and its competitive landscape preferred;
- Knowledge/certification in key digital advertising platforms and account management experience;
- Analytical, with a track record of being a strong problem solver, capable of translating analysis and insights into actionable business plans;
- Ability to learn quickly and handle complexity, change and ambiguity;
- Proven communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of employees;
- Passion for digital advertising.
If you meet the above requirements, apply online at http//www.nationmedia.com/careers/ or through Linkedin on or before Sunday, 26th May 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.