Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Events and Experiential Manager in the Corporate & Regulatory Affairs Department.
Job Ref: HR-EEM-05-2019
The Events Manager plans and executes events and leads teams from the initial conception of the event to its successful completion. This role requires commercial experience with excellent event strategic planning skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to define project milestones and deadlines and coordinate both internal and external contractors to ensure a successful and enjoyable event that meets organizational goals and expectations.
This role needs a strategic balance of creativity with logistics, financial planning, and vendor management duties. They should excel at multitasking and balancing big—picture concerns like venue and contractor selection with details like décor, effectively utilizing resources and personnel to stage large— and small—scale events.
- Overall strategic planning and management of all events for the Group to create a superior user experience to the clients and consumers
- Drive commercially relevant projects and events with a high business impact with innovative features and unique concepts.
- Develop concept plan, strategies and overall plan, managing the creative process from concept to completion.
- Translate client’s vision or objectives into clear creative strategies and deliverable product.
- Oversee client pitches and proposals
- Ensure visual communication standards of the highest quality are met
- Negotiate and review contracts for various services and products with suppliers and contractors related to the event
- Oversee overall events logistics to ensure the events run seamlessly and in accordance with expectations.
- Plan, manage and implement budgets to ensure both quality and efficiency, and establish schedules on short—term and long-term projects.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and using the right resources.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships including developing customer service strategies and policies.
- Track and monitor progress of events against the schedule and set targets with the team;
- Horizon scanning with a view to identify opportunities for events;
- Identify market trends and spearheading system and technological adoptions or improvements;
- Evaluating sponsorship events and their viability; and,
- Provide regular updates to the Group’s management on progress of the events business unit.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, commerce, communication or any social science from arecognized institution;
- At least 4—5 years in a busy experiential agency;
- Demonstrable solid understanding of commercial projects;
- Proven ability to strategically manage, plan and execute event;
- Proven, excellent communications skills including written and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and project management skills to organise different cross-functional stakeholders;
- Commercial and strong analytical mind-set and results—driven;
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with clients, vendors and contractors;
- Ability to handle, prioritise, multiple projects simultaneously;
- Business acumen with good leadership and interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above requirements, apply online at http://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ or through Linkedin on or before Friday, 24th May 2019.
We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.