A non-profit organization focusing on helping populations in Nairobi through education, community outreach and economic empowerment programmes in order to facilitate sustainable change is seeking to urgently fill the above position.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Administrative Manager
Key duties and responsibilities
- Help develop and maintain IT documentation, processes and procedures at Harambee Centre
- Provide administrative support and routine IT services at Harambee Center
- Assist in other IT/Technical related Harambee Center projects
- Support users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention
- Assist at Harambee Centre in training Mukuru staff and other users on ICT issues
- Respond to user needs and questions regarding network access
- Perform troubleshooting services for problems related to computer hardware/software and application systems.
- Assist in set up configuration and maintenance of the server, desktops, mobile hardware, systems and applications
- Manage all Harambee Centre backups and assist in disaster recovery process
- Assist in backups and restoration procedures for local drives
- Maintenance of backups logs and assistance to Company off site storage backups
- Maintain of up to date inventory of software and hardware
- Maintain of LRC of ICT related reference materials
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources
- Maintenance of the filling system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Server maintenance and supporting ERP and application system
- Provide user support to Harambee Center LRC users
- Network support and preventive system maintenance at Harambee Centre
- Routine maintenance of CCTV at Harambee Centre
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor or any other senior person.
- Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Administration policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- Good time management, well organized with ability to prioritise
- Good organization and planning skills
- Demonstrate ability to apply good judgement in the context of assignment given.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation, listening and communications skills.
- Strong comprehension of ICT system and Technologies
- Willingness to keep abreast of new development in the field of Information and Communication Technology
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of system related issues
- Mature with excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Must have a Diploma in Business Administration and ICT Competency from a reputable institution with at least Two (2) years post qualification work experience in Administration and preferably in a busy organization.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2019.
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.