Job Title: Teller
Position Summary: The Tellers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate transaction Processing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept Cash deposits, loan payments, process cheque and savings account withdrawals.
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Sacco procedures and regulations
- Process cash and salary advances.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash.
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Providing additional products including P.O.S services and MPESA.
- Assist customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- May be responsible for bank opening and/or closing.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Promotes the SACCO products and services.
- Represent the Sacco in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all Members, potential Members and co-workers.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and Sacco policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Cooperative Management or related field.
- Must have Teller experience
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both Members and employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10 key calculator and other office machinery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding member transactions; weighing member satisfaction issues with the Sacco’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
How to Apply
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th May 2019.
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach testimonials and a detailed CV indicating your current and expected pay.
Male candidates are highly encouraged to apply.