One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Administrative Coordinator
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve over 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is essentially our front-desk manager and is the friendly first face that our farmers, staff, donors and guests meet when they enter our office. The Administrative Officer will play a crucial role in staff experience, and will also be responsible for much of the organization tracking, and set-up that ensures a world class experience for those in our office.
Seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing administrator to be the face of the Kakamega office at our reception desk and to support our operations with basic tracking and communications.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
2. Directing visitors by maintaining employee and department directories and giving instructions when necessary
3. Maintaining safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
4. Maintaining continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
5. Owning Reception First Aid Kit and be responsible for regular checks and tracking of supplies
6. Arranging couriers; sorts and distributes post
7. Updating and maintaining databases such as the office online booking system, office supplies distribution list and the lunch token tracker
8. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
9. Coordinating and organizing appointments and meetings as well as meeting space
10. Maintaining office filing and storage system
11. Monitoring incoming emails and answer or forward as required
We are seeking one exceptional professional with a demonstrated passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background
- Outgoing, friendly, and flexible. This position fields multiple requests and competing priorities from many teams and one must be able to interact across diverse staff and visitors with a smile.
- Organization. This person manages many of our assets as well as many incoming requests, so they must be exceptionally well organized in order to prioritize their own time correctly as well as keep track of our assets.
- Strong Communications. This person does a lot of communicating with staff at all levels of the organization and must be able to think through messages, carefully communicate challenges quickly and clearly both in person and over email, as well as type quickly with few mistakes in grammar and syntax.
- Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English and Swahili required
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Administrative Officer and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 14th May, 2019.
To apply, please click on this LINK.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.