One Acre Fund
Job Title: Global Finance Operations Lead
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Summary: Seeking an exceptional individual with 4+ years experience in Finance Operations Management and excellent project management skills, understanding of Finance processes, people management skills and passion for social impact.
The Global Finance Operations Lead will manage a team responsible for executing payments and managing cash for all One Acre Fund countries of operation. You will drive projects that improve controls, streamline and standardize processes, and rigorously measure performance using key performance indicators.
Through process design, new system roll-out, and leadership development you will enhance the quality of support provided by your team to internal stakeholders and ultimately to the farmer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Standardize the Global Payment Process and Controls. You will work with in-country finance leads to drive cross-country standardization of payments procedures and improve payment controls.
- You will work with the internal audit team to identify control risks and implement process improvements to address the risks.
- Lead Cross-Department Projects. You will lead various projects to improve the end to end payments process, including integrating changes into daily operations and our ERP system.
- Maintain Payment Policies and Processes. You will own the policies and procedures to support payments and cash management processes by regularly assessing and updating the same for improvement and communicate or develop trainings that ensure procedures are followed.
- Monitor and Manage Cash. You will manage One Acre Fund’s cash on a daily basis and banking relationships to enhance the organization’s working capital management. This will entail liaising with senior leaders across our ten countries of operation and scheduling out known cash payments to develop short term cash forecasts.
- Team Management and Development. You will manage and develop a team of ~15 through three direct reports. You will work toward increasing efficiency, greater project ownership, and operational autonomy, and toward ensuring work is allocated appropriately among staff.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 4+ years of strong work experience in finance or accounting with cash management experience
- A Finance Operations management relevant qualification
- Team player with the ability to communicate (written and verbal) and coordinate with multiple parties
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Supervisory or team management experience
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with process design and implementation
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes, but East Africans encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/4ef9b9a41
Closing date: 06/28/2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.