One Acre Fund
Job Title: Kenya Transport Administrator
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Description: Seeking a highly organized administrator to own all transport-related payments and oversee essential transport databases and tracking processes. The transport team has a lot of areas for improvement and increased efficiency, and a talented team player could quickly and easily take on significant new responsibilities. There is very clear space to move up for someone who can take on more complex work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This administrator owns the tracking and data for one of our most high-value and high-risk sub-teams.
- Processing all transport-related payments, including taxi receipts, insurance, maintenance invoices and fuel requests.
- Place all transport-related procurement requests.
- Perform and track safety checks on OAF vehicles and taxis and own all necessary follow-up.
- Organize and maintain transport databases including license repositories, fuel spending tracking, maintenance spending tracking, and document repositories in hard and soft copy.
- Relationship management between vendors and taxi drivers.
- Complete special projects as needed.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year work experience: vehicle/mechanic experience preferred but not necessary.
- A valid Kenyan Driver’s License.
- Experience with work planning tools and strategies e.g. Google Calendar and Google Sheets.
- Basic office skills including typing, scanning, and printing.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tools at once.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Great communication skills.
- Good time manager.
- Proficient in English and Swahili.
- Basic financial/mathematical skills.
Preferred Start Date: 20th May 2019
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.