Orbital Africa (www.orbital.co.ke) is the leading Geospatial consulting company based in Nairobi.
We are looking to fill the position of a Graphic Designer – Intern for a period of 6 months.
Orbital Africa is also at the verge of coming up with its magazine and part of the graphic designer’s role will be to develop graphics for the magazine.
The candidate can also be absorbed upon successful execution of his/her duties.
The intern shall be paid monthly.
We are therefore looking for a recent graduate keen on gaining hands-on experience and skills.
Deadline: 31st May 2019
Job Purpose / Summary: The Graphic Designer shall be responsible for visually communicating ideas through a combination of art and technology. Work will be project based and involve working to set deadlines. A great degree of flexibility is required in order to deliver projects, work on pitches and market the company.
- Certificate/Diploma in Graphic Design or any other related field
- At least 1-year experience in Graphic Design industry.
- Excellent graphic design skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Prior designs in magazine graphics (samples are required)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Graphic designers create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities.
- Design the Orbital Geospatial Magazine cover and graphics, web pages, brochures, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Create these materials by hand or by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Corel Draw—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
- Select type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Produce drafts for review and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect specifications set.
- Preparing final designs for digital or print publication.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com before close of business 31st May 2019.
NB: Please do not attach certificates!!