We are recruiting a Payroll Accountant who will work in the HR and Accounts department make payroll entries and maintain payroll files for the company employees.
They will assist in payroll calculations, changes, deductions, and withholdings
- Perform Special Projects (and other duties as assigned) requested by the Accounting Manager, as well as the Assistant Controller and Controller.
- Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files for the company employees.
- Assist in payroll calculations, changes, deductions, and withholdings.
- Calculate taxes and prepare tax forms based on IRS regulations.
- Ensure that payroll processing is in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Calculate wages for overtime earnings and process vacation deductions.
- Address payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner.
- Prepare payroll and tax reports to Federal, State and local agencies when required.
- Analyze payroll issues and provide appropriate action plans.
- Ensure compensation and benefits standards comply with company policies and/or other regulations or legislation
- Acted as HR Analyst backup, performing various HR duties, including preparing orientation packages and benefits invoice reconciliations
- Accomplished smooth transition of employees’ benefits, payroll records, and processes from acquired companies.
- Updated employees’ personal data, job data, tax data, & direct deposit information whenever needed.
- Partnered extensively with Human Resources and Benefits departments to coordinate processes and ensure proper employee payments are executed. Audited all entries made by other departments.
- Responsible for entering and tracking requested salary changes through the approval process
- Generate periodic payroll reports to Managers for review.
- Knowledge of payroll systems a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounts.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a payroll accountant.
- Must have Solid Organizational Skills, Accuracy, and attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th June 2019 end of day.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.