We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Managing Director.
Overall Purpose of the Job: This role will be responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Managing Director / Board Members by ensuring smooth operation of their functions. The role holder will also act as the point of contact between the Managing Director and other executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Acting as first point of contact to the Managing Director/Board Members
- Assist primarily the Managing Director/Members of the Board with organizational and administrative support
- Manage the Managing Director’s communications, schedule and coordinate meetings
- Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by the Managing Director
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- Have a proven ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority
- Assist the Managing Director with all other related assigned tasks
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of the Managing Director
- Follow up on responses to requests and emails to/from the Managing Director
- Greet visitors, create a good personal image through a neat, clean, business-like professional appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude
- Screen & direct phone calls in a professional manner to appropriate parties promptly, efficiently, accurately recording messages and reliably passing messages to recipient in a timely manner.
- Maintain and present reports on a timely manner
Scheduling of Meetings
- Work with the Managing Director to manage her calendar and schedule board meetings and travel itineraries
- Organize all other meetings to be attended by the Managing Director, including staff lunches and refreshments.
- Ensures that key dates and events are highlighted to the Managing Director ahead of time
- Prepare materials, packets and presentations for Managing Director’s meetings, senior management team meetings and the Board Members
- Organize the logistics of board meetings and other key internal meetings
- Coordinate and distribute notes at management meetings as requested
- Type up notes of the Managing Director as requested
- Organize and arrange venues for all other meetings requested by the Managing Director
Records Management and Documentation
- Maintain records of decisions and ensure action items are clearly recorded for the Managing Director
- Organize documents for signatures of Managing Director and members of the Board if related to relevant projects
- Keep accurate records and files at all times and as appropriate
- Update and maintain database of executive key contacts
- Diploma/University degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Member of relevant professional body eg (KISM)-Kenya Institute of Supply Chain Management; KIM (Kenya Institute of Management)
MUST have at least Five (5) years data entry or general office management experience in a busy commercial environment. Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Ms Office knowledge and IT skills,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and pay attention to detail
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic / professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 24th May 2019.