Our client, one of the leading quick service restaurants (www.tfs.co.ke) in Kenya is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Production and Kitchen Manager
The Production and Kitchen Manager will be responsible in supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time.
- Establishing document and supervising the food preparation process
- Ensuring that FIFO is being followed on all stock and manufactured items
- Ensuring that health, hygiene, and safety standards and procedures are followed strictly at all times
- Documenting each production run thoroughly to ensure that accurate costings are done each time
- Planning, implementing and supervising weekly production schedules
- Ensuring that processing, packaging, labeling, cooking and storage of all products is done according to required specifications and procedures.
- Ensuring that all received products are of sufficient quality and according to required specifications
- Personally, check all fresh produce at the time of receiving to ensure proper quality and to reject anything not to spec
- Alerting Management regarding any approaching expiry dates on goods
- Supervising and training the production team, including timetables and regular performance evaluations
- Organizing relevant training sessions.
- Ensuring that team members are communicating well and working together
- Testing, modifying, documenting, and implementing recipes for new products
- Ensuring that all kitchen and manufacturing equipment is maintained and serviced or repaired on a timely basis
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Proactive and consistent communication
- Leading by good example at all times
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Gmail
- Good understanding of WhatsApp
- In depth knowledge of health and food safety requirements
- Organization and detail oriented
- Ability to handle pressure and to meet deadlines
- Professional Appearance and Behavior
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com with the subject PRODUCTION AND KITCHEN MANAGER by 10th June, 2019 before close of business stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.