Vacancies: Qualitative Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, Non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Health and Systems for Health Unit (HSH) wishes to engage qualitative field interviewers to collect data for the NIHR Slum Health Project. The objective of the project is to assess the healthcare service delivery in Korogocho and Viwandani slums and design a viable model of service delivery that can be implemented in such populations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or other related field from a recognized university;
- Be fluent in English and Kiswahili (Verbal and Written), and facilitate interviews and group discussions in both languages;
- Have proven experience and skills in qualitative research work including interviewing, group facilitation, note taking and report writing. Experience in health related fields is an added advantage;
- A resident of Viwandani or Korogocho: Experience in data collection in in the two sites is an added advantage;
- Possess strong team work, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexible and available to work odd hours (when necessary);
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Moderation / facilitation of qualitative interviews (Workshops/Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews) with users of health services, and representatives of informal settlement population; healthcare providers including alternative medicine practitioners, healthcare workers and other health professionals within the target sites;
- Note taking and compilation of comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing notes;
- Record interviews and focus group discussions using digital recording devices provided by the research team.
- Qualitative report writing;
- Safeguard all assigned project equipment;
- Attend and participate in all projects related meetings;
- Timely reporting of project related issues to the Team Leader for quick and effective troubleshooting;
- Other related activities, assigned by team supervisor and the project manager.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees by close of business 17th May 2019.
Kindly indicate on the cover letter and the email subject “Qualitative interviewer_NIHR_site you reside”.
Applications can be submitted via e-mail as Word or PDF attachments to cvs@flexi- personnel.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.