Job Advert: Property Manager
Reporting to the Portfolio manager, the Property Manager will ensure rent collection from tenants, letting, lease renewals, buildings repairs and maintenance, handling tenants complains, analyzing market trends and staff management and coordination of other property management activities.
The ideal candidate is expected to provide leadership to staff under him/her.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining quality services of the property under management for sustenance
- Letting vacant space, preparing letters of offer, lease agreements, monitoring lease schedules for renewal, collection of rent and utility payments
- Improve occupancy in all property and sourcing for tenants
- Carrying out market analysis for decision making decisions on rent reviews
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in property management
- Preparing property annual budgets for property managed
- Act as a liaison between tenants and the landlord and maintain good relationships with the building’s tenants and occupants.
- Adherence to the standard operating procedures, tenant retention procedure, vacating-tenant procedures
- Administration of statutory requirements, statutory compliance on Health, safety, security and environment, lifts and fire inspection, land rates, land rents and contractual-lease obligations.
- Regularly inspect tenant spaces, common areas and ground areas to ensure maintenance is carried out properly.
- Developing, training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve highest levels of performance through performance management
- Driving the organization’s culture and instilling our core values.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Associate member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (Full Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya is an added advantage.
- Registered Estate Agent with the Estate Agents Registration Board (EARB) is an added advantage)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial property management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, Keen to details, good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work independently.
- A team player, good communication, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Have initiative & drive and should be able to work independently.
- Mature person who is a team player with proven integrity.
If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application letter along with detailed CV & testimonials to reach by 15th June 2019.
Send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Regent is an Equal Opportunity Employer!