The Riara University Library exists to ensure that all learning, teaching and research information needs of the University Community are met achieved through provision of up-to-date information and quality services.
To Department is offering an opportunity to a talented person to serve in the position of a Systems’ Librarian.
Job Profile: The Person will be responsible for provision of ICT expertise in the Library Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and maintenance of KOHA system in the Library,
- Management of digital library collections including an institutional repository,
- Training users on the use of the e-resources,
- Administer library applications in the University server,
- Checking information resources in and out of the Library,
- Processing information resources for placement on the shelves,
- Assist students and staff to effectively use the Library’s catalogue,
- Scanning,photocopying,and printing of documents,
- Shelving of books.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences with specialization in Information Technology;
- At least two years working experience as a Systems Librarian preferably in an Education Institution set up.
- Be conversant with Library Management systems (KOHA) and Digital repository (Dspace)
- Possession of basic understanding of Linux Operating Systems will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above expectations are invited to apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the current and expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 24th May, 2019.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Email title should indicate; Systems’ Librarian Job Application.