Career Opportunity: Finance and Administration Manager
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is currently seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
K-YES project is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted currently implementing in Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho Bungoma, Garissa, Kisii, West Pokot, Migori & Nyeri Counties.
We seek to recruit a Finance and Administration Manager to be based in Nairobi Office.
Finance and Administration Manager – Nairobi
The Finance and Administration Manager is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth.
- Oversees the finance, operations and administration functions for this large, complex project and ensures compliance with RTI and USAID procedures.
- Oversees finance, human resource management, logistics, procurement, administration and information technology (IT) support to the project, and requesting direction from RTI regional office and headquarters business partners as needed.
- Works closely with COP, DCOP, technical staff, regional staff, pertinent RTI home office staff and appropriate USAID staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results.
- Work closely with key RTI staff, government officials, contractors and USAID staff to ensure full compliance with local laws (i.e. taxes, shipping, customs, registration), while integrating with current systems and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance to County coordinators, technical team, field finance staff and COP on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Manage and monitor performance of office petty cash system.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA) qualification is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USAID-funded project of a similar size and complexity is required.
- Knowledge of applicable USG procurement, assistance, rules and regulations, as well as administrative policies and techniques is required.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills.
- Proven track record of problem-solving and conflict mitigation.
- Strong management experience, ability to manage up and manage a large team of supervisees.
- Results-oriented, team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is strongly preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 15th May, 2019.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V