Job Vacancy: Solution Architect – East Africa
Schneider Electric (“SE”) is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructures and industries. With 145,000 SE employees in over 100 countries, we work tirelessly on our technologies to ensure that Life Is On everywhere for everyone and at every moment.
SE continues to develop connected technologies and solutions to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. The Group invests heavily in R&D in order to sustain leading edge innovation and differentiation with a strong commitment to sustainable development.
Are you interested in helping to make a difference in the Energy Management and Automation space? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Solution Architect to join us in the Anglophone Africa zone within the Secure Power Team / IT Business, East Africa Cluster.
Reporting to the Pre Sales Manager – Anglophone Cluster the Solution Architect is an individual contributor position based out of Nairobi, Kenya
Job Purpose: The Solution Architect works closely with the Sales to bring a differentiating value proposition to the customer, leveraging the complete Schneider Electric offer portfolio.
Work closely with stake holders (end-user/facility manager/consultants) to integrate Power Solutions offer into market’s Building Management System, Industrial SCADA, Data Center Infrastructure management (DCIM) & Facility Management & Control System (FMC
Key Accountability Areas
- Work with sales team on the relationship and technical management of large deals including influencing tenders prior to being released, as well as our technical response and compliance to tenders.
- Coordinating and providing technical seminars for both channel partners and end users
- Educate Consulting Engineers and End Users on ISX, Schneider Electric datacenter products, solutions and double conversion technologies
- Provide datacenter product and solution training to the sales team and partners.
- Provide technical training on all Schneider Electric products and solutions for partners and Account Managers (AM).
- Provide EcoStruxure training to channel partners, end users and the internal sales team.
- Support key account managers and internal sales representatives from a technical standpoint on datacenter products and solutions.
- Interact with end users in order to understand their datacenter or server rooms cooling and provide customized solutions for their requirements
- Proactively find and influence key decision makers, to develop their preference towards Schneider Electric technologies and solutions.
- Provide both pre- (80%) and post- (20%) sales product support for identified high end clients.
- Reporting on various aspects of the job.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or related studies
- Possession of Electrical/mechanical engineering qualifications is an added advantage
- Project Management qualification/training is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. Experience within the IT space highly preferred
- Exposure to Schneider Electric IT solutions is preferred.
- Have a strong working knowledge and experience of the purpose and infrastructure of a Data Center. In-depth knowledge of UPS, generic mechanical room infrastructure such as chillers, Cooler Units, and fan controls
- Fundamental knowledge of physical threats monitoring and datacenter infrastructure management software (DCIM).
- Competent in use of basic IT programs such as MS Word/Excel or similar
- Drivers’ license (Valid)
- Datacenter Certification (CDCP, CDCS, CDCE etc)
- Uptime Accredited Tier Designer certification would be an added advantage
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
Schneider Electric is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.