Windle International Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: Security Officer
Job Ref: 19/19
Contract Term: Full-time, 8 months’ contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle International Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform society through education and training. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle International Kenya wishes to recruit officers for the position of a Security Officer based in Dadaab.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual recruited for this position will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Security strategy and planning
- Security monitoring
- Security reporting and documentation
- Conduct regular security operations – training of staff on security matters and briefing visitors on security status in the region and area of operation
- Communicating security related information to management and staff
- University degree in Security, Military Science, Public Administration, Law Enforcement, Risk Management or related area
- Security certifications from the government (Police, Military) or international security institutions
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in security employment (police, GSU or military)
- Excellent knowledge of security management, combined with solid background of military, police or security specialization;
Knowledge, understanding and ability
Professionalism & Knowledge
- Knowledge in the field of security risk management.
- Ability to conduct security assessments
- Ability to make quick security decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required.
- Ability to make good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to ensure an effective work environment to maximize productivity.
- Ability to remain calm under high pressure and stressful situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational security goals
- Proven knowledge corporate safety and security practices and procedures
- Good computer and report writing skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Experience working in conflict and insecure contexts
- Demonstrated knowledge of UN, and standard INGO security frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering security training
- Emotionally mature
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should drop their application that should include a Cover Letter, CV and Copies of Certificates at the Windle International Kenya BHER Centre in Dadaab or send to email@example.com quoting reference number Security Officer – 19/19 on or before Friday 17th May 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.