SimbaNET COM Limited is a subsidiary of Wananchi Group and one of East African’s leading internet, data and entertainment company. Incorporating first Triple Play brand, broadband internet, cable television and voice services.
SimbaNET COM Ltd wishes to recruit a Credit Controller who will support the collection of revenue from its customers.
The position will report to Head of Credit Control.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
Ensure completeness of Invoicing/billing
- Validate sales revenue, manage invoicing within established deadlines, auditing invoices and performing end-of-month reconciliation with the MRR.
- Ensure that billing instructions are clear and strictly adhered to,
- Have a broad understanding of the VAT treatment of invoicing.
- Daily management of debts and collections
- Preparation of a daily collection report with details of the age of the outstanding balance settled.
- Check to ensure all deposits received are correctly accounted and allocated on the billing systems and to respective customer account.
- Liaise with receipting accountant to ensure timely recording of collections
- Involve the CRM team in collection of overdue payments, providing them with appropriate information.
- Handle client complaints as well as negotiating settlement terms for balances which are overdue.
- Conduct reconciliation of customer accounts
- In liaison with legal, consider recommending the listing of bad debtors to credit reference bureau or debt collection agencies.
- Generating list of non-payers for stop order on services
Liaison with Collection Agencies
- Daily coordination of collections by the agencies in liaison with Legal Officer.
- Agree targets for the collection for the Collection Agencies and provide collection report
- Cost Benefit analysis on the engaged collection agencies and evaluate their effectiveness.
Management of Credit Note Issuance
- Credit notes raised, posted and approved within 24 hrs.
- Ensure adequate justification of issuance of Credit Notes.
Credit worthiness Assessment of new customer.
- Evaluate liquidity position from the financial statement before extending credit facility.
- Obtain credit information from the referees provided.
- Obtain customer credit worthiness from Credit Reference Burue ( CRB)
- Maintaining customer directory
- Ensure periodic circularization of customer balances
- Ensuring credit policy is followed by all account holders
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with the sales, CRM and operations departments.
- Carry out credit checks on new customers- Credit rating.
- Weekly Aged Receivables position Report
- Monthly Aged Receivable position Report
- Weekly Credit notes report
- Monthly Credit note Report
- Monthly Legal debtors’ Report
- Monthly Unrecoverable Debtors’ Report with justification
- CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
- A university degree in Accounting/Finance Business or a business related field
- Degree in Business related or its equivalent- Position requires sales, interpersonal and negotiation skill, logical and analytical mind
- Minimum of 10 years of experience: 6-8 years of experience in Credit Management in the telecommunications industry;
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management
- Should have good knowledge of customer relations and vastly networked.
- Ability to multi tsk and deliver on other tasks as may be assigned by the superiors from time to time, with minimum supervision
- Of good temperament, right attitude, innovative and responsive in carrying out their duties
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 10 years of practical experience in a busy commercial organization.
- Proven experience in working among peers and engaging with higher level managers in creating understanding, inspiring compromises and formulating solutions and resolutions;
- Strong business acumen, people management.
- Stickler for perfection with a great eye for detail
- Good communication.
- Leadership orientation.
- High level of commitment
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- This individual must have a strongly developed sense of responsibility and work commitment. He/she must be highly motivated and eager to learn.
- He/she should be able to follow instructions and plans of action.
- Professional and personal ethics are essential.
- Most importantly, this individual should have a positive attitude towards work and view it as a means of intellectual achievement as well as that of living.
Qualified candidates to submit their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 31st May 2019.