Job Title: Sociologist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out Social Impact Assessments / Social Surveys and audits on projects
- Prepare Resettlement Action Plans on projects, including implementation and follow up;
- Assist with conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and Audits on projects where required.
- Perform project management and coordination roles on projects to ensure quality of work and timely delivery of projects.
- Carry out Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) on assignments and ensure the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS) is adhered to on projects.
- Prepare bids and proposals for social surveys/impact assessment and other related assignments
- Carry out business development activities on social studies relevant to the company’s core business areas
- Masters Degree in Sociology or related discipline
- Registration with National Environment Management Authority as an Associate Expert or Lead Expert is necessary though not mandatory.
- Membership in Professional Societies is necessary though not mandatory
- At least 8 years’ experience in preparation and implementation of Resettlement Action Plans, carrying out Social Impact Assessments and Social Surveys on development projects
- Use of computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Possess knowledge on use of relevant socio-economic analysis software and applications.
- Public Consultation skills.
- People skills including interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Email your Latest CV to HR.Africa@atkinsglobal.com