SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health programs and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position of a Driver for SOS CV KE Family Strengthening program based in Busia.
Key Functions of the Job
Driver will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Carries out the driving requirements of the FSP as directed by the Program Coordinator
- Delivery and collection of documents and other items to/from various stakeholders
- Identify vehicle problems and malfunctions, including, performing routine and non-routine check-up and maintenance.
- Maintain and ensure assigned vehicle(s) are always in a neat, clean and good mechanical condition.
- Keep an accurate systematic log of journeys made, distances covered and odometer readings in respect of vehicle service and fuel refills
- Monitor and report expiration and renewal dates of licenses, insurance covers, road rescue registration and other applicable services, to ensure timely renewal.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- Valid Driver’s License and Certificate of Good Conduct.
- At least 3 years’ experience providing executive driving services. Prior working experience with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and traffic patterns is desired.
- Prior training in defensive driving principles is desired
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 31st May 2019 by email to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality