Subaru Kenya is the sole franchise holder and exclusive distributor of the Subaru range of motor vehicles and genuine Subaru parts in East Africa.
It is also a division of ECTA (Kenya) Limited. The Subaru range includes the latest models of Impreza, WRX-STI, Subaru XV, Legacy, Forester, & Outback.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in our Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Managing Director and Board, the job holder shall be responsible for timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the company’s audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
1. Audit, Risk and compliance Duties
- Prepare the annual audit plan and ensure audit plan delivery through audit reviews
- Develop, review, update and implement an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for the organization
- Carry out quarterly risk assessment and maintain and regularly update the organization’s risk register
- Assess best financial practice for the organization and make relevant recommendations
- Evaluate efficiency of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal control and governance processes
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline and recommending risk mitigation techniques and controls
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Coordinating external statutory audits and follow up to ensure all recommendations are implemented on a timely basis
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with management and external auditors
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing operating information and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
2. Control and Monitoring
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall audit profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Management on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations
- Appraise adequacy of internal control systems
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with the all relevant statutory guidelines
- Ensure that all financial and other reporting requirements are done correctly and within the required deadlines
- Maintaining a database of all licenses and contracts and ensuring timely renewal of both
- Reviewing all contracts prior to execution and ensuring that all SLAs are met.
- Maintaining the required compliance and corporate files as mandated by the standards and other applicable regulators.
- Overseeing the day- to- day administration of the company’s code of ethics
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and third-party examiners
- Managing the company’s certification processes to ensure that all certification requirements are adhered to and certifications maintained
- Reconciling documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
3. Change Agent
- Communication. Follow-up on outstanding audit issues
- Training. Conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Systems and processes. Develop and implement processes and procedures that enhance efficiency and compliance
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field
- Professional qualifications e.g. CPA/ACCA/CFA/ACII/FIA/FFA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an audit/compliance function
- Knowledge of IFRS guidelines
- Ability to analyze situations for compliance and business risk, and implement solutions to address and mitigate such risk
- Strong analytical skills and proper and organized documentation skills
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs stating their current, and expected remuneration to email@example.com by 31st May 2019 and clearly indicating the subject heading “Internal Auditor”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.