Tom Mboya Labour College
Job Vacancy: Principal
Tom Mboya Labour College based in Kisumu, Kenya is owned by COTU (K), registered under the Ministry of Higher Education.
The Board of management invites applications from qualified individuals to apply for the position.
Overall job purpose: To provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of sustainable Trade Union and labour training of unions members and officials.
- Model the highest level of leadership and organizational integrity in work relationships
- Effectively manage the human resources, according to authorized policies and procedures
Institutional Planning and Development
- Develop and implement an organizational strategy consistent with labour, trade union and Hospitality best practices
- Strict adherence to COTU’s guidelines, training programs, standard operating procedures
- Ensure a monitoring and evaluation systems is in place
Strategic Linkages, Networking, Collaboration and Partnership building
- Link with COTU (K) affiliates in strengthening trade union movement
- Network effectively with the aim of influencing and fostering national and international policy on labour relation movement and decent work
- Ensures that the colleges Vision, Mission and Core values, inform programs, products and services.
Branding, Marketing and Advocacy
- Developing a brand and marketing simulations that ensure sales and productivity to the hospitality department
- Establish and implement the best customer service that meets guest satisfaction with excellent skills in the hospitality industry.
Training and Research
- Demonstrate ability to develop curriculum that addresses the trade unions and labour training functions
- Search for gaps in training material or content that should be filled to ensure that trade unions and labour education is relevant and meets the needs of the union members
- Conduct continuous research studies on new course materials and training procedures for the trade unions and labour studies
- Evaluate and determine the effectiveness of the training programs.
- Engage stakeholders and provide recommendations on appropriate scientific research strategies and pathways, considering ethical implications associated the labour movement
- Lead, develop and recommend research designs and solutions that best meet the college’s objectives and which drive the development of practical initiatives and outcomes that benefit the broader trades union community and economy
- Minimum Masters Degree in Education (Curriculum), labour Economics, International Development. Hospitality, or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience as principal/director of an institution with span of control not less than 50 employees
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated skill mix in Hospitality, Education, Training and Research
Interested persons should submit their application by 29th May, 2019 addressed to;
Dr. Francis Atwoli, NOM (DZA), EBS, MBS
Secretary General COTU (K)
P.O. Box 13000-00200
accompanied by your resume, certificates and salary expectations.
Applicants must also submit a clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CRB, certificate of good conduct.