Our client, an innovative insurance solutions company, is looking to fill in the role of:
- Oversee the technical function of underwriting & claims
- General supervision of underwriting and customer service staff
- Preparation of regular management reports on production and other relevant reports.
- Facilitate continuous underwriting staff training to create capacity
- Develop an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Computing competitive quotations in line with our underwriting philosophy and discussing them with clients
- Processing debits and credits and issuing insurance certificates
- Submit risk notes and obtain policy documents
- Prepare and issue renewal notice
- Assist in product development
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps.
- Client relationship management
- Business related Degree
- Diploma in Insurance
- Must possess AIIK or ACII qualifications
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in a brokerage firm
- Demonstrated understanding of key laws and rules guiding insurance brokers, insurance companies and customers in this market
- Experience in Medical underwriting would be an added advantage
- Ability to manage, coordinate and supervise the Underwriting department.
- Possess excellent risk management experience
- Integrity and ethical values
- Should be able to exhibit great Interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be competent in Planning and organizing departmental functions with a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Confident decision-making skills
- Numeracy and statistical skills
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
If you are a driven individual looking to bring your exceptional talent and ideas, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st May 2019 @ 5pm.
Kindly include the job title in your application’s heading.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.