People and Culture Officer – East Africa Regional Office
Purpose of the position: The core function of this role is to offer HR operational support to the East Africa Regional Office. Among other deliverables, the role will coordinate staff benefits and compensation administration, manage Human Resource Information System (Our People System), facilitate onboarding of new staff and support exiting staffs. In addition, the role will support processing of residents documents for International Assignee and their dependents.
Staff Benefits and Compensation Benefit Management
- Service providers management- Medical and GPA/GLA, pension scheme
- Manage the medical schemes for national staff; member enrolment , deletion and hospital admissions
- Ensure accuracy of premiums charged/credited under both the medical and group life schemes and the claims settled against the outpatient funds.
- Liaise with the insurer/insurance broker and pension administrator regarding employee benefits and services (pension withdrawal payments, referrals etc)
- Advice staff on benefits entitlement for medical, pension and group life
- Ensure family room and children’s play area are well maintained
- Collect and maintain updated international schools fees structure and data
- Process school fees payment for International Assignees dependants
- Manage the contract renewals of medical, Group Personal and Life insurances and pension schemes
- In liaison with Finance and Administration department, ensure Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA)guidelines are adhered to
- Participate as a member of Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Prepare the monthly payroll input for timely processing of national and temps payroll
- Coordinate timely submission of statutory deductions in collaboration with finance
- Provide advice to managers and employees regarding general compensation queries
- Keeping abreast of changes and trends as pertains to staff benefits and compensation regulations and practices advising Senior P&C Officer.
International Assignee- Resident documentation processing.
- Work Prepare an annual forecast of contract ending/ renewals, work-permit, dependent passes and Diplomatic ID application process start date and end date and submit to Senior P&C Officer by the 15th October each year for that fiscal year.
- In collaboration with Government and Protocol/Liason Advisor, facilitate WV Somalia, EARO, and WV Kenya international staff work permit application process, renewal and other related documentation.
- Collaborate with Government and Protocol/Liason Advisor to facilitate processing of dependent passes and diplomatic cards and their cancellations as and when needs arise.
- Facilitate NHIF registration and compliance for International staff
- Keep a log of application and received date of documents to and from immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs hand over dates to staff and submit this log to Senior P&C Officer quarterly for review and process improvement.
- Update the resident permit database immediately a process is taken
- Maintain an upto date EFNS database, including dependents’ information
- Keeping abreast of changes as pertains to resident documents, advising Senior P & C Officer of any changes
Our People –P&C Information system management
- Responsible for the day to day management of Our People data and ensuring that information in the system is up to date
- Conducting monthly system data accuracy reviews by running queries and taking action as necessary
- Share quarterly leave status reports of the departments with the respective line managers
- Generate reports as requested
- Train staff and managers on Employee Self Services /Managers Self Services
- Regional super user of Our People system
- Follow up with the managers to ensure that confirmations, renewals, extensions, staff movements and separations are done on time
On- boarding and staff exits management
- Prepare, review and maintain an update orientation pack for International Assignees and National staff.
- Coordinate the on-boarding and orientation services for all new International Assignees and National Staff
- Facilitate timely efficient separation of staff and preparation of their final dues
- Based on the staff evaluation of the on-boarding services, provide recommendation to Senior P&C Officer for appropriate changes and modifications.
Staff contract management
- Ensure staff have up to date contracts maintained in the department including National Directors.
- Personnel Action Form Administration for international staff and National Directors
- Maintain an updated staff list and organogram
- Update the EARO P & C Website
- Update and maintain staff records in both hard and soft copies as appropriate
- Carry out any other work assigned by the Supervisor when required
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or its equivalent with at least two years’ experience as a human resources generalist
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources if first degree is not in Human resources- preferred.
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to complete a complex variety of tasks in an organized manner and to quickly change and adapt to new priorities
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff, orally and in writing
- Has broad HR technical knowledge combined with critical thinking skills to relate work performed to broader business context
- Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional body
- Must be a member of IHRM with practicing certificate
- Have knowledge of HR information system, including computer applications.
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be conversant with the local labor legislations
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Strong communications and inter-personal skills
- Understanding of business needs and drivers and ability to deliver value added solutions
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based
Travel: 5% international travel is required.
On call: As required
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
People and Culture Officer - East Africa Regional Office
|Company / Organization||
World Vision East Africa Regional Office
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
People and Culture Officer – East Africa Regional Office
Purpose of the position: The core function of this role is to offer HR operational support to the East Africa Regional Office. Among other deliverables, the role will coordinate staff benefits and compensation administration, manage Human Resource Information System (Our People System), facilitate onboarding of new staff and support exiting staffs. In addition, the role will support processing of residents documents for International Assignee and their dependents.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.