Accounts Assistant – Industrial Belts
Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi
Gross Salary: 25k
Our client is an importer and wholesaler of industrial belts located in Nairobi Industrial Area.
They seek to hire a competent, organized Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for reviewing, initiating, reconciling and closing financial payment processes.
- Responsible for the financial accounting function – accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Responsible for accounting of cash transactions (bank account and petty cash) and reconciliations
- Responsible for allocation and accounting of intercompany transactions and reconciliation with HQ.
- Process monthly/weekly accounting reports
- Review and disbursement of authorized petty cash requests. Replenishment of petty cash.
- Process accounting documents such as invoices, staff interests, and investment disbursements.
- Initiate authorization and payment of accounting documents
- Prepare and submit statutory deductions to the specific authorities.
- Cash withdrawals, the collection of cheque books and bank statements and any other duties
- Prepare cash books and monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Prepare financial reports to management
- Carry out any other relevant duty as assigned by immediate supervisor
- B.Com Financial Management/Accounting Degree or Accounting diploma or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in FMCG Creditors/Debtors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word). Advanced Excel a plus.
- Work experience within an accounting function will be an added advantage
- High ethical standards and professionalism
- Familiarity with computer technology and knowledge of a variety of software programs related to the field.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, planning and organizing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- High stress tolerance
- Quality and details orientated
- Ability to interact well with others.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts Assistant – Industrial Belts) to email@example.com on or before 3rd July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted