Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital intends to open a comprehensive Medical Centre in Kisii with inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic capabilities.
We are seeking interested and qualified candidates with ability to organize and prioritize work, analytical with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills, can work in teams and have over 2 years’ of working experience.
Candidates should have licensure and registration with relevant practitioners’ boards and updated membership with professional bodies to fill the positions listed below:
Medical Records Officers (2)
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Medical Records Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing safe, effective storage of patient medical records towards ensuring integrity, easy accessibility, completeness and confidentiality of patient information.
- Routine data collection by performing daily collection and collation of bed bureau census as well as collection of clinic reports.
- Coding and Indexing of diseases to enable provision of data for learning, administrative purposes and as per statutory requirements.
- Editing of Patient files as per the patient assembly order policy.
- Clinic preparation by retrieving files and ensuring patient records are readily available as required.
- Participation in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, promoting service excellence & cost management.
- Diploma in Health records from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years working experience in a busy Hospital environment.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th June, 2019.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”