The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
An Institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 70 years.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the Rehabilitation Manager, the incumbent will provide direct Occupational Therapist services for patients in the inpatient or outpatient area as prescribed by a physician in accordance with the patients established plan of care.
- Ensure patient’s treatment management while maintaining good documentation, monitor reduced pain against improved range of motion, improved muscle tone and strength, improved mobility through assessing the status of patient before administering Occupational Therapist care.
- Evaluates, monitors and documents care plans, maintains accurate patient records using different techniques, operate machines/equipment
- Observes and complies with the environmental health and occupational safety in order to prevent infections, reduce falls/ burns, complies with set regulations and equipment serviced on time by monitoring infection control and using of protective gears.
- Achieve department’s set goals and objectives in order to improve performance and target compliance through Participation in planning & implementation of departmental goals and objectives.
- Participates in the implementation of quality control/staff development in order to improve performance and efficiency in service delivery by Identify training needs and conducting in house CME’s.
- Participates in implementation of quality initiatives in order to ensure quality improvement and identification of gaps, ensure continuing improvement in the management of processes and services in the section by carrying out clinical and service audits as well as through monitoring of monthly reports.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
- Diploma in Occupational therapy from a recognized Institution,
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience,
- Experience in areas of specialty e.g. hand therapy and splinting, sensory integration, neuro rehabilitation an added advantage;
- Valid practising licence from the professional board KOTA (Kenya Occupational Therapists Association),
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to converse with patients, colleagues and other care providers,
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, colleagues and other care providers.
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 25th June, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”