Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital intends to open a comprehensive Medical Centre in Kisii with inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic capabilities.
We are seeking interested and qualified candidates with ability to organize and prioritize work, analytical with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills, can work in teams and have over 2 years’ of working experience.
Candidates should have licensure and registration with relevant practitioners’ boards and updated membership with professional bodies to fill the positions listed below:
Procurement Officer (1)
Reporting to the Material Management Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of purchasing procedures, processes and best practices and maximize savings and benefits arising from seamless purchasing activities.
- Ensure that the procurement of goods and services are done in line with the organization’s policies.
- Ensure that there are timely procurement reports that track status of each requisition and provide feedback as necessary.
- Analyze quotations / bids submitted by vendors and make a comparative analysis of the information provided in order to make procurement decisions.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized institution in Kenya.
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Business Management or any other related qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Registered by Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- At least four years working experience in a similar position.
- Experience in working with a Hospital Management Information System will be an added advantage.
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Should have skills in negotiating with vendors to maximize value for money without compromising on quality of required goods or services.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th June, 2019.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”