Job Vacancies: Qualitative Field Interviewers in Kakamega, Kisumu and Nairobi
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for the above position in its project: Enhancing UHC in Kenya through Digital Innovations: A Financial and Health Diaries evaluation study of the i-Push program. The aim of the study is to understand the healthcare utilization in particular related to maternal and child health and healthcare spending of the populations in Nairobi, Kakamega and Kisumu.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and good organization skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Experience in conducting quantitative and or qualitative research
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work across selected sub counties
- Resident of from Kakamega, Kisumu or Nairobi and able to speak the local language.
Qualifications and Experience for Qualitative Interviewers
- Minimum of a KCSE “ C+” and a bachelor’s degree in public health or related studies
- Good experience in conducting qualitative interviews and transcribing notes from interviews.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Major Responsibilities for Qualitative Interviewers
- Conduct participant interviews and group discussions
- Write comprehensive notes during interviews
- Fill in progress reports/timesheets
- Assist the research team in other project-related activities
Successful candidates will be engaged for one year. Documents should be addressed to email@example.com, by close of business July 12th, 2019
Please indicate the job title on as the subject of your email.
Application documents should include:
- Cover letter
- CV highlighting education background, work experience and contact details for two referees.
- Copy of National ID
- Copies of your academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.