Job Vacancy: Temporary Field Coordinator in Kisumu
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for a Field Coordinator position to provide day-to-day support for the collection of financial and health diaries in Kisumu in its project: Enhancing UHC in Kenya through Digital Innovations: A Financial and Health Diaries evaluation study of the i-Push program.
The aim of the study is to understand the healthcare utilization in particular related to maternal and child health and healthcare spending of the populations in Kisumu.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in public health or related field
- Be fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Previous experience working as a field coordinator/ team leader
- Resident of Kisumu County
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in the day to day coordination and supervision of project activities
- Supervision of field team – oversee performance of field staff and ensure collection of quality data.
- Liaise with project teams to enhance the quality of data by resolving inconsistencies
- Produce fieldwork reports
- Coordinate qualitative and quantitative data collection and management
- Provide a daily report to the research team on the progress.
- Participate in field worker training
- Timely reporting of project related issues for quick and effective troubleshooting.
- Handling any other field logistics
- Any other project related activities as the project team may deem necessary
The successful candidates will be engaged for a period of 1 year.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to email@example.com, by close of business July 12th, 2019.
Please indicate the job title on as the subject of your email.
Application documents should include:
1. Cover letter
2. CV highlighting education background, work experience and contact details for two referees.
3. Copy of National ID
4. Copies of your academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.