Our client a micro finance bank in Nairobi is urgently seeking to hire an Assistant Operations Manager to join its dedicated team.
Reports to the Operations Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervises teller staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the bank’s policies. Assists with completing Performance Partnership reviews of tellers. Assists with training, planning, assigning and disciplining of employees in the Branch.
- Plans and schedules the daily workflow and coordinates with other areas as required to ensure compliance with service standards and regulatory deadlines.
- Assures high quality and friendly customer service and adherence to sales and brand standards.
- Resolves customer inquiries/complaints and situations in a positive professional and efficient manner.
- Promotes effective sales and service environment.
- Monitors teller’s performance relative to losses, differences and referrals. When appropriate, coaches for improved performance.
- Approves transactions within established guidelines.
- Participates in the opening and closing of branch. Conducts security inspection of building and grounds under dual control.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures.
- Review daily reports.
- Meet deposit growth goals.
- Achieve satisfactory audit ratings.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of an anti money laundering program within the institution.
- Ensuring compliance with current bank regulations, and other relevant legislation
- Developing and maintaining a risk assessment framework for products and services, clients and customers, and other issues relating to money laundering.
- Keeping and maintaining records of high-risk customers and reporting suspicious activities.
- Arranging and implementing inspections and audits from third-party organizations and making compliance recommendations based on their findings.
- Briefing and reporting to senior management on matters relating to internal compliance policies and procedures.
- To undertake investigations into suspected financial crimes.
- To make practical and acceptable recommendations where systems and procedures are in need of enhancing to counter the risk of financial crime.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO or Operations Manager
- Degree in a business-related field
- At least 3 years experience in the operations department of a financial institution
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Be attentive to details
How to Apply,
Interested and qualified candidates to send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st June 2019.
Clearly indicate ‘Assistant Operations Manager’ on the email subject.