Job Title: Backend Engineer – Node.js
Gross Salary: 40k – 50k
Contract Type: 3 months (with possible extension based on the project)
Our client is an internet service provider whose main aim is to provide affordable and reliable internet solutions to rural and unconnected communities thus bridging the digital divide.
They seek to hire a young and energetic backend engineer to join their new project.
- Interacting with the company project managers to define and design features based on the project requirements
- Develop and support of applications and ensuring they are fully functional.
- Create high scalable apps that users can interact with daily
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to the company’s programming best practices and guidelines.
- Conducting user acceptance testing with the client to ensure that the solution meets the expectation of the user.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Analysis of various requirements, problem definitions of solutions to determine operational feasibility of solutions and advise management appropriately
- System documentation for solutions developed including user guides and manuals, developer guides and system functional specifications documents for use by the various stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is a MUST
- 1 – 3 years’ experience of software development
- Development of APIs
- Node.js (express, bcrypt, json web token, passport, sequelize, mocha, chai)
- Relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Object Oriented Programming
- Version control with git
- PHP/Laravel or C# experience is an added advantage
- Solution architecture skills is an added advantage
- Experience with relational databases
- Problem solving skills
- Fun to work with
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Backend Engineer – Node.js) to email@example.com before 1st July, 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.