Position: Head of Production – Bakery
Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth day to day operations of the Bakery
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service that meets or exceeds expectations
- Supervise the work of others in the department, ensuring production and service standards are being met at all time.
- Check to ensure that all display foods are merchandised attractively as per quality standards.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price bakery products for sale
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
- Keeps display equipment, floors and counters clean and free of debris.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing
- Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and safe work practices
- Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience as a head of production in a bakery or as a Bakery Supervisor
- Qualifications in Hospitality-Pastry and Bakery
- Customer oriented
- High levels of integrity
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Strong knowledge of general bakery practices and procedures a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
How to Apply
If you meet the stated qualifications, experience, skills and you are up for the task send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.