Brand Ambassador – Martell, Mumm & Perrier-Jouet (MMPJ)
Reports To: MMPJ Brand Manager / PRK Marketing Manager / MMPJ Market Lead
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with E. Africa Regional scope
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm and overtime when required
Our client is a worldwide co-leader in the wines and spirits industry. Having their HQ for East Africa in Nairobi Kenya, they would like to engage an innovative and effective French speaking Brand Ambassador to be the main consumer-facing figurehead / spokesperson for the Martell, Mumm and Perrier-Jouet portfolio locally and bring the core portfolio values to life with the off- and on-trade, encouraging trial and retrial.
- Be a source of brand knowledge to the organization’s employees and extended community by ensuring comprehensive understanding of the categories, brands’ specificities and key differentiating qualities to in fine convert them to long-term MMPJ local Ambassadors.
- Build, shape and deploy brand training programs for groups of target consumers, opinion leaders, creative and PR agencies / media houses to empower your target audience.
- Conduct tastings and mentoring sessions for Bartenders and Bar Managers on MMPJ portfolio.
- Recruit and inspire brand consumers’; build the brands image and awareness to ensure continued growth and awareness of the portfolio. Think long-term.
- Nurture business to consumer and business to business contacts building loyalty, advocacy and sales through regular provision of best practices.
- Ensure focus on company results achievement (quantitative and qualitative) to generate profitability (finance and image) for the affiliate. Actively push listings of the product portfolio in on- and off- trade.
- Work on own initiative to seek out new business opportunities in the market while demonstrating financial awareness.
- Be online-savvy and create an active media audience around the MMPJ brand portfolio to bring the brand stories and core values to life in entertaining ways.
- Identify PR opportunities suitable for MMPJ brands in line with their communication platform.
- Build social and professional network to be seen as a key individual in the alcohol industry and social scene and become the ‘on call’ Ambassador for any PR requests. Take the Ambassador lead for media activities against competitors.
- Develop relationships with key media, industry, distributor, trade partners that can play a key role in building brand reputation, volume movement, listing drives, event attendance through strong interpersonal skills, integrity, influencing skills and delivery.
- Collect market intelligence, report Brand Ambassador and MMPJ brands activities with recommendation and best practices on a monthly and timely basis – Brand Owner and PRK
- Follow price analysis and sales performances and offer recommendations to affiliate – PRK
- Tentative Monthly Brand Ambassador calendar to be shared with Brand Manager and Marketing Manager at end of previous month – PRK
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or similar
- Min 3yrs experience in consumer products marketing with significant exposure to brand building activity
- Must be fluent in French
- Strong sensitivity to the luxury or premium goods universe
- Sense of business and strategic agility
- Balanced capabilities with regard to understanding brand strategies with a sales translation
- Advanced financial aptitude and familiarity with cost-benefit analysis
- Understanding of tracking metrics to evaluate marketing effectiveness
- High computer literacy: reporting and presentations with fluent use and application of spreadsheet and database programs i.e. Excel or Access
- Building effective relationships across the organization and with key stakeholders
- Ability to navigate in an amorphous environment
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about brand development
- Outgoing with excellent people skills
- Action-oriented with an inherent drive for results
- Highly creative with ability to learn fast
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Brand Ambassador – MMPJ) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.