Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Business Development Manager
Location:Mombasa Road, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality.
We’re looking to add a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for expanding MoKo’s locations and running Moko’s day-to-day retail operations. You’ll be an excellent project manager who is able to juggle a variety of tasks under tight timelines.
You’ll put into use your relationship building skills to establish relationships and manage partners and service providers as we expand to new locations and channels. Finally, you’ll be excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Manage and grow a motivated team
- Coordinate and manage daily and weekly activities of the team to create a high-performing team where KPIs are always met
- Provide 1-on-1 coaching for all team members to ensure they meet their personal and team goals
Implement MoKo’s expansion plans
- Work with the Head of Retail to develop and implement the broader strategy to expand MoKo into new channels (e.g. supermarkets) and locations
- Create the workplan to launch new showrooms, and manage the team follow the plan and successfully open new showrooms
- Work with the Head of Brand and Head of Retail to design showrooms that create a wow experience for our customers
- Build relationships and liaise with external stakeholders to help MoKo achieve our expansion goals, including but not limited to
- Establishing new partnerships with supermarkets
- Ensuring we have the necessary government approvals and permits to launch new showrooms
- Creating partnerships with e-commerce platforms to sell MoKo merchandise
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have experience (preferably 3 years) in senior business development or project management
- You are talented in managing people to achieve their goals
- You excel at building relationships, negotiating partnerships, and managing performance of suppliers, landlords, and other stakeholders required to develop new channels and launch new dreamy units
- You are an exceptional project manager who pays extra attention to details when developing and executing a plan
- You are an analytical thinker, and you make decisions based on data and quantitative analysis
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative to solve problems and come up with more efficient ways of achieving your goals
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Apply Here – All Positions.