Butali Sugar Mills limited is an ultra-modern sugar factory within the heart of Kakamega County in the Western part of Kenya.
BSML seeks to recruit suitable professionals for the following open positions:
Cane Development Superintendent
Reporting to the Head of Agriculture
- Managing cane development within BSML growing zone
- Recruitment of farmers and farmlands for cane development
- Advisory and extension services to farmers
- Advising our farmers on the best Agricultural practices and enhanced crop husbandry support
- Ensure farm input supply to farmers when so required.
- Regularly keep constant monitoring of BSML supported cane.
- Planning and implementing farmer’s field days
- Co-ordinate, supervise and timely supply farm inputs to farmers.
- Supervision of you staff and ensuring discipline is upheld per BSML rules and regulations
- Hold meetings with all the staff in cane development and appropriately report the same to Head of Agriculture.
- Training farmers on the best breed and cane management.
- Assessment of fields earmarked for cane development
- Update Head of Agriculture on status of cane development
- Diploma/Degree in Agriculture/Agronomy or or equivalent from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years experience in the field
- Previous experience in Agricultural sector will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and suitable candidates should forward their applications with copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional certificates along with detailed curriculum vitae quoting the subject line of the same, to reach the undersigned not later than 23rd June 2019 to:
Human Resources Manager
Butali Sugar Mills Limited
P.O Box 1400-50205