Africa Digital Media Group
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
The Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Associate – Communications and Outreach
Are you a detail-oriented and enthusiastic project manager who loves telling compelling stories and creating memorable experiences?
The Communications & Outreach Associate in the Marketing Department coordinates and monitors various communications and public relations activities to promote brand visibility and customer delight.
S/he will continually exploit opportunities to position the Institute as a thought leader and innovator for the creative economy, enhance the profile of the leadership team, students and staff, and develop partnerships and concepts to generate alternative income streams
- Support all internal event and conference A/V needs through idea development and support as needed. Assist in determining need and planning associated with special event and conference A/V needs
- Coordinate multi-media inputs for digital marketing, including blogs, photo shoots, webinars, etc.
- Interface with suppliers, including writers, graphic designers, animators, event planners, etc.
- Develop and oversee the content development plan, including getting prior Senior approval
- Post required content daily on the CRM system for social media and other online outreach
- Develop, monitor and manage the audio-visual and collateral procurement plan, process and budget
- Coordinate all on-site and off-site events including Academic events, Off-campus events, Expos and exhibitions, Partner events, launches and conference
- Coordinate updating of marketing collateral, including website copy, brochures, billboards, etc.
- Backstop sales team in all respects including campus tours, off-site expos and on-site promotions
- Design, resource and execute career mentorship events for high schools and colleges
- Secure, back up and monitor all digital content and enforce standard operating procedures
- Serve as main liaison for media coverage and external PR agencies
- Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally
- Participate in the strategic planning, work plans and budgets for the team and department
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a marketing-related field
- 4 year’s relevant experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment
- Excellent Business English (written and spoken) and strong numeracy
- Attention to detail and ability to plan well ahead and avoid crises
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Solid experience in multi-media content creation and online marketing
- Fast learner with a hands-on bias for action and an ability to multi-task
- Persuasion and relationship-building skills.
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com