Mwalimu National is the largest Sacco in the region with total assets in excess of 45 billion Kenya Shillings and is mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
Over time, Mwalimu has grown and has a number of subsidiaries including Mwalimu National Holdings limited, Mwalimu Asset Management Limited, Spire Bank limited and Spire Insurance Brokers limited.
Mwalimu National has eighteen (18) branches spread across Kenya with a membership in excess of 92,000 members.
Mwalimu National stands out as a leader in the sector, a key and fast-growing player ¡n the region’s financial services sector and a world-class co-operative financial institution.
The Society is an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
Mwalimu National is seeking to recruit a dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the following position:
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Purpose: The Deputy CEO shall be the principal deputy to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Deputize the Chief Executive Officer during periods of absence, and in relation to specific matters, issues of Society operations as delegated from time to time.
- Oversees the running of the Customer Care, Marketing and Corporate Communication, Records Management, Procurement, DMU, Security, Risk and Compliance, Administration departments, sections and units.
- Coordination of the development and implementation of business strategies for subsidiaries to ensure that they are viable.
- To chair the Senior Managers Committee and update the CEO on outcomes of the Committees meetings.
- Assist the CEO in the development and implementation of strategies for the SACCO.
- Assist In the development and monitoring of the SACCO budget.
- Spearheading the Society’s Product Development.
- Assist the CEO in human resource planning, recruitment, development, management and discipline.
- Daily structured briefings of the Chief Executive Officer on current issues affecting the Society.
- Represent the CEO in Full Board & committee meetings, stakeholder meeting and business function as assigned by the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and nurture effective strategic partnerships to identi, and expand the membership base and demands and new industry developments which impact on the strategic positioning of the SACCO and achievement of short- and tong-term goals.
- Attend to the CEO’s duties in situations when the CEO is unable to attend.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business development related field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, MSR, IHRM, ICPSK etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar institution, 5 of which must be in a senior management position;
- Demonstrate expert business knowledge and proficiency in financial management, business development, institutional leadership, corporate communication, and strategic planning;
- High standards of professionalism and integrity;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork & team leadership skills;
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills; and
- Self-driven i.e. ability to work without supervision.
How to Apply:
Interested persons are invited to send their application Letters, updated CV, copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned by 5.00pm on Monday 1st July, 2019.
N/B: Ony shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Upper Hill, Hill Lane-Off Mara Road
P.O Box 62641-00200
City Square, Nairobi.
OR Email: email@example.com
Mwalimu is an equal opportunity employer and shall not ¡n its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA.