Republic of Kenya
Office of The Controller of Budget
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Director Research & Planning
Grade: COB 3
Reporting to the Controller of Budget, the successful candidate will ensure strategic leadership in formulation and implementation of research policies, systems and procedures.
- Head the Research and Planning Directorate;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of research strategy, policies, systems and procedures;
- Facilitate implementation of the strategic plan for the institution;
- Spearhead and coordinate the organization’s research assignments;
- Collating and analyzing macro-economic, socio-economic and fiscal data;
- Oversee objective research and analysis on budget implementation policy issues with the ultimate goal of advising on improvement in budget implementation;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Controller of Budget from time to time.
Requirements for the position:
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Economics or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from a recognized University;
- Must have at least 10 years’ relevant work experience at senior management level;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya;
- Possesses broad knowledge in Research and Project Management
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent leadership skills;
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good quantitative skills;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of statistical application packages;
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, government regulations and policies;
- Ability to articulate, interpret and implement national/county policies and development goals;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on contract terms of service and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work / academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 10TH JULY, 2019 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Those who had applied earlier for the position of Director Legal Services to reapply afresh.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.