Driver Guide (Road Safaris) JD
Our client, who runs a group of luxuries camps is looking for an experienced Safari Driver Guide to join their team.
The candidate will ensure quality client services and cleanliness of the transfer, game drive vehicles and control day to day management tasks by providing quality client service that complies with required GWSA standards
- Drive individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or to camps as directed.
- Describe tour points of interest to clients, and respond to questions.
- Meet & Greet services for GWSA- ensure clean, neat, and presentable paging sign board are used at all times upon pick up of clients from airports-JKIA, Wilson prior embarking on safari/transfer and that the pager with client’s name is clearly displayed for legibility,
- Ensure prompt and 30 minutes arrival prior at point of pick up for clients for transfers, safaris and excursions
- Greet and welcome visitors, and issue welcome packages/itineraries
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
- Provide information about wildlife varieties and habitats.
- Assemble and check the required vehicle supplies (e.g. first aid box, life saver, spare tyre, shovel, blanket, cooler box, fire extinguisher etc.) equipment and vehicle condition prior to departure.
- Requisition, follow up and collect promptly imprest prior safari, excursion, transfers etc. as per client entitled services and safari guide allowance.
- Ensure you are in appropriate & respective company uniform at all times, presentable and meeting clients with a positive attitude and with a smile
- Ensure are fully briefed by respective file consultant, conversant and comprehend the client’s itinerary inclusions, exclusions, special information prior safari/excursion in order to handle the client appropriately in case of any inquiries that might arise.
- Ensure the vehicle is always clean, and stocked with bottled water when meeting clients for transfers and whilst on safari.
- Ensure GWSA stickers are in the right places on the vehicles, legible and positioned straight. This applies to other agents as per service agreements i.e. Go2Africa, Big Five, and Wild Times Safaris.
- Ensure that the company vehicle’s licenses and insurance stickers are valid and inform the Head of department when they fall due.
- Ensure that your Driving License, KWS annual personal card is valid and alert CSM a week in advance prior expiry in order to make renewal arrangements.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicles are serviced by the company mechanic as required and to keep the service log sheet for each vehicle.
- Ensure the vehicle has sufficient fuel at all times and accurately record and submit fuel imprest/returns to the maintenance department
- Summarize and account for imprest given and attach all respective receipts for review and approval of the same after safari/transfer
- Ensure no unauthorized person drives your vehicle or carry unauthorized passengers/clients and to lure clients to unauthorized places of visits.
- Ensure use of mobile phones is controlled and limited to calls from the office during the safari and always ensure you have a hand free set at all times whilst driving in case of any emergencies.
- Submit a customer report highlighting the experience with additional comments from the clients (high and any low lights) in order to help the client identify any service delivery gaps and improve on our customer services at the end of the safari/transfer
- Present the guest safari comment book at the end of safari for review by the CS Supervisor to identify any vital issues that need follow up.
- Report and notify immediately in case of any obstacles/challenges experienced whilst on safari up to and not limited to vehicle breakdown, accident, late departures, missed client services, sick client, loss in directions to properties or routing, demonstrations, road blocks, unusual and long police checks/harassments, lost luggage, flight changes etc.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate handling of client luggage for storage, pick up or drop off as per set standard operating procedures on client’s luggage.
- Beefing up operations and relieving camp drivers at Porini Camps as and when required.
Specifications and Requirements
- Secondary education, post-secondary an advantage
- 5 years driving experience in tourism-based transport or company
- Knowledge and certification in Tour guiding is mandatory- KPSGA- Bronze, Silver or higher
- Hands on experience in doing in-bound Safaris within major National Parks and Reserves in Kenya
- Hands on experience and familiarity with tourist attraction sites/places of visit
- Commercial driver’s license Class BCE and PSV
- Good listener, Ability to read and speak English, a foreign language is an added advantage
- A driver must not have been convicted of a felony
- Minimum age – 25 years
- Valid up to date Certificate of Good Conduct
- Good health – good hearing, good vision (glasses or corrective lenses ok)
- Non-smokers preferred
- Reliability and honest in disclosing any work related or client issues
- Prioritizing and focusing to ensure clients are well looked after
- Ability to work in an effective planned, organized, and logical manner
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to practice discretion with information pertaining to company and clients
If qualified for this role, follow the link to apply