Evangel Publishing House
Job Vacancy: Reliever Editor
Evangel Publishing House is a leading publisher of Christian Literature and school books in the continent and desires to engage a Reliever Editor on contract basis, beginning June 2019.
Reporting to the General Manager, the candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications:
- A first degree in Education or Publishing.
- Minimum 2 year experience in editing and coordination of editorial tasks in a busy book publishing firm.
- Knowledge of the Competency Based curriculum is essential.
- Ability to work with no supervision, plough through uncompromising deadlines with ease and spoilt by an insatiable appetite for quality and excellence.
The job entails:
- Deliver quality and winning titles when evaluated by gate-keeping bodies
- Improving copy through rewriting and editing copy to improve readability, facts and presentation.
- Reading copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Work with the designer to accomplish excellent design tasks, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Overseeing production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Perform any other duty as will be lawfully instructed by your supervisor.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications and are desirous of joining a winning and spirited team, please send copies of your academic and professional certificates and one-page CV with at least 3 referees,one of which must be from the publishing industry, to reach the Chief Executive Officer on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than the C.O.B, 30th June 2019.
Only qualified applications will be attended to.